Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme (ECAS)
Your Key to the UAE
The Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme (ECAS) is a product certification required by exporters/importers in order to place any product into the UAE market, which is subject to regulation according to Federal Law 28 of 2001.
The certificate is proof that the product has been approved by the Federal Government through the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA). It is one of the documents required for clearing shipments coming into the UAE.
The certificate will be valid for one year and is subject to yearly renewal.
RACS is notified by the ESMA for the following product categories:
- Electrical: Low voltage equipment (LVE), RoHS, E-cigarette devices, cables & wires, electric storage water heater
- Mechanical: Vehicle spare parts, personal protective equipment (PPE), water fixtures
- Chemical: Food contact materials, perfumes, cosmetics, detergents, petroleum products, tobacco, paints, OXO biodegradable, antiseptics & disinfectants, baby care products
- Food: Energy drinks, honey, organic crop production / farming, organic livestock (including organic poultry), processed organic food (seaweeds production, organic honey, organic fish production, organic eggs)
- Metrology: Non-automatic weighing instruments (NAWI), RADAR, taxi meters, fuel meters, syringes, thermometers, blood pressure meters (non-invasive), glucose meters