Gulf Conformity Mark (G Mark)
The GCC Scheme for LVE and Children Toys
The Gulf Conformity Mark (G Mark) is a mandatory requirement for low voltage electrical (LVE) products and children’s toys being exported to the Gulf Cooperation Council countries (GCC). Unlike the national marks EQM and SQM, the G Mark is a marking for all GCC countries (i.e. Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates).
RACS is notified to assist you in getting your LVE products ready for entering the GCC market. LVE products subject to mandatory G Mark certification mostly cover all kinds of household appliances, such as:
- Household Electrical Fans
- Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment
- Centrifugal clothes dryers and clothes washing machines
- Food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors
- Electro-thermic hair-dressing apparatus and hand dryers
- Domestic electric heating apparatus
- Microwave ovens
- Other ovens; cookers, cooking plates, boiling rings, grillers and roasters
- Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters
- Electric smoothing irons
- Air conditioners
- Battery chargers
- Plugs and socket-outlets
RACS is also notified to assist you in getting your children toys up to the standards of the GCC region. All kinds of children toys are subject to mandatory G Mark certification.
The involvement of a notified body, such as RACS, is required for the product categories mentioned above.
RACS will examine the technical design of a product and verify that it meets the requirements of the applicable Gulf technical regulations and will issue an evaluation report with a Gulf Type Examination certificate. RACS must also ensure the manufacturer has a production quality system implemented in order to assure that the product is being manufactured in accordance to its technical specifications. Additionally, the manufacturer must provide a technical construction file for each product, including test and risk analysis reports.
Once all requirements are met, the manufacturer is eligible to apply the G Mark to the product. The certificate will be valid for three years.